Marriage laws. I despise the marriage laws. Marriage is a basic human right, there should be no exceptions. Marriage is marriage, love is love. NO EXCEPTIONS! People act like it's the end of the world if two people of the same gender fall in love. Yeah, right, end of the world. If it's the end of the world then shouldn't they already be able to get married? Because the world is ending in, like, a month and a half. Right? Well, let me tell you a secret. It's not the end of the world. I can't say if the world is ending in a month, but, people getting married isn't bad. Why do people act like homosexuals are bad? Sure... They're bad, they fell in love. Geez people. Will someone please explain that logic to me, I must be blind because I don't see it. I mean, take a look at Ellen Degeneres, she's known by most of the United States, everyone loves to watch her show, and she makes people laugh. That sure sounds like a bad person.
I know most of the people who are against them are probably very religious. However, in the bible, never once does it state that loving the same gender is bad. If it does I want a page number. Plus, how do you know God, or Allah, or Hades and Zeus didn't change their minds? Did they send you a memo? Also if it's against God's will, let them stand before their god or goddess. It's not anyone else's life or will, so don't worry about it. Let them love whoever they want to love, let them marry whoever they want to marry.
Many marriages end in divorce, I'm not going to sugar coat it. But, if anyone is going to appreciate marriage, it's them. They are fighting through crowds of angry protesters to be with the person they love. That screams many things, one: they won't back down to fight for what they stand for, two: maybe there are storybook endings, this one might just be a little different, and three: what happened many years ago with the African Americans is happening again with homosexuals and bisexuals instead of a different race. I thought this was the Land of the Free, it's not free when people get their basic human rights taken from them because the constitution says marriage is between a male and female. That was hundreds of years ago people, this is the twenty- first century. Times have changed, people have changed, the world around us has changed, and with that change we need to be better people and make the world better as well.
But, what do I know I'm just a thirteen year-old girl in an academically gifted class who has just started living and is still young. What could I know, I'm still a kid, and people don't tend to listen to what kids have to say, even if they are insightful and smart. In an adults eyes, kids opinions probably don't matter. Anyway, it doesn't matter if someone is homosexual or bisexual, most people don't care what happens in their state or area anyway, they just conform into the group. A single person is smart but people together are stupid or they do stupid things, like hating a certain type of person but liking one person in that group.
Piper-
ReplyDeleteThis is a great topic for a satire. However, as written it is more of a rant than a satire. In order to be a satire you would need more of a plot line- maybe have two different couples, one male-female and one female-female and give a parallel story of their lives. You could intertwine your opinions in the plot eventually showing that the different sex couple ended in divorce while the same sex couple had a strong marriage. This would be more the style of a satire- does that make sense?
Mrs. Newell
Yes ma'am. Thank you for the ideas, and while I was writing it I noticed that it was more of a rant than anything else. But I figured that this would get the point I was trying to make across, I also tend to use sarcasm more than humor so that's what I used. I'm not funny, but I'm sarcastic so I figured I'd use that to my advantage instead of a disadvantage.
Delete