Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera: Post 1





The book that I am reading is called The Phantom of the Opera. The book is set in a Paris opera house in 1870. The book begins by telling the reader that the Phantom was real. The author claims to have done research on the opera house and the Phantom. The story however starts off with the managers of the opera house getting ready for a production, the young girls who sing and dance in the production run into the room screaming "IT'S THE GHOST". While the managers are trying to calm down the girls they ask them what happened. The girls claimed to have seen the Opera Ghost, this night was the managers last night of being the managers, because they had previously sold the opera to two new men. Suffice to say that they were not happy to hear talk of the Phantom on their last night (the phantom had first been heard of by these managers early when they started running the opera).



When I started reading this book I first thought that I wouldn't like it as much as the musical but as fate would have it, I honestly like the book more. Althought the names confuse me slightly, most likely because the book is set in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment