Monday, February 11, 2013
Which World is Worse?
In my personal opinion I believe that the society in 1984 is most ominous. This is due to the government watching every move of every person in that society. In 1984 it seemed like everyone was scared to move because they thought something bad was going to happen to them. The people were also not allowed to think freely, as a mostly quiet person with loud thoughts and a large imagination, I would fear this society the most society the most because people were sent to be tortured if they had one thought out of line. I would hate the fear that came with imagination because I would know that I would be punished for using it. The only thing that keeps me mostly sane is my imagination and many thoughts, if someone took away my right to think freely I would no longer have a shred of sanity left. I believe that this wouldn't be as bad in Brave New World because the people there could think freely and for themselves, but they were encouraged not to for the "safety" of their happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Piper-
ReplyDeleteYou have a terrific argument against restriction of free thought. You are a very imaginative person and I cannot see you doing well in 1984 :-) Can you think of any other reasons as to why the world of 1984 would be ominous? You argument would be more valid if there were more than one pieces of evidence. Score: 21/25
Mrs. Newell